Join the She Rock Board of Directors!
Established as a small music education nonprofit in 2010, She Rock She Rock (SR2) is the only organization in Minnesota with a mission to empower girls, women, trans and nonbinary folks through the art of music. We provide an inclusive environment that values collaboration and diversity, develops leadership skills and fosters self-confidence. Through our music programs and events, we believe that creative expression can evoke social change, challenge gender stereotypes and encourage a climate of support within our community.
She Rock She Rock depends on the Board of Directors as a “working board.” If you want to be involved with some exciting expansion to help the organization grow, this is the role for you.
How would I engage as a Board Director?
Attend quarterly Board of Director meetings to support the Managing and Artistic Directors, provide stable governance, ensure strong fiscal health, engage in strategic planning, contribute to fundraising efforts, and help set She Rock's path for growth.
Serve as an ambassador for She Rock She Rock, networking with funders, teachers, students and the broader community.
Understand She Rock's programming by actively volunteering at events and serving on committees.
Take on leadership roles within the organization, generating and implementing new ideas and serving as a resource for staff.
What is She Rock looking for?
We're particularly looking for board members who represent traditionally marginalized identities such as black, indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), trans folks, nonbinary folks, immigrants, and/or folks with disabilities. We're also looking for folks with previous experience or a passion for nonprofit finance, human resources, fundraising/development, marketing and/or community engagement.
- Meeting time and frequency: Quarterly meetings, plus an annual review in November. July is the busiest month due to the Girls Rock N Roll Retreat programs, therefore volunteering during this month is especially helpful.
- Meeting location: Varies; currently completely virtual.
- Time Expectation: 4-8 hours per month between board meetings, committee work, and volunteerism for the organization.
- Financial Contribution: You determine this — we have no set “dues.” We ask our board to make a contribution to the organization that is personally significant to them, as well as actively supporting fundraising efforts.
- Length of Term: Three years, renewable.
I need to be part of this. You need me. What do I do next?
You are invited to complete and submit an application here. Response time can take a few weeks. Thanks for your patience with us. Please contact the current Board Chair and Vice Chair if you have any questions. The Board's contact info is listed here.